Restoration of The Ballance House
The Ulster New Zealand Trust commenced the restoration of The Ballance House in 1990. The architects were Kennedy & Fitzgerald, Belfast and the Honorary Architect Robert McKinstry. Martin & Hamilton of Ballymena were the contractors. Following its restoration, Ballance House became the base for the Honorary Consulate for New Zealand in Northern Ireland and the Ulster New Zealand Trust.
Showing Phase 1 & Phase 2
Phase 1, 1990
The interior gable wall was built from original stones found at the site.
A restored 19th barn is now used as our Tea Barn. The flowerbed contains New Zealand natives that can grow in our local climate.
The Parlour fireplace before its restoration.
The outside facilities of the era.
This marks the actual site of the cottage in which John Ballance was born in 1839